Escape codes for colors in CMake output

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:51:29 BST 2012

Hi,

I think that the filtering should be done by the process writing the output
(i.e. it should notice that the displaying terminal does not support
colors, and thus not print them), and I also think that this is supposed to
work. I have seen it a couple of times, too, and I don't know why it
happens.
Doesn't KDevelop's cmake output view even add its own colors to cmake/make
output? I do remember having status messages in green and errors in red.

Filtering of such stuff on kdevelop's side was discussed a few times
already, and was dismissed because it'd be slow.

Greetings,
Sven