Recent Documents Switcher Sort Order

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 21 11:24:35 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Martin Heimlich <martin at heimlich.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm an avid KDevelop user for some years now, but I still haven't figured
> out what kind of scheme is used to sort the documents in the "Recent
> Documents Switcher" :).

As the name suggests, its supposed to keep the last-used documents on
top in the order you left them.

> Most of the time Ctrl-TAB brings back the document that was in the
> foreground right before the current one, but sometimes I get to some
> different document and looking at the popup the order does not seem to have
> anything to do with my document usage history and I cannot figure out any
> kind of sort order (alphabetic etc.).

Unfortunately there are bugs in the mainwindow-library (sublime) that
cause the corresponding signal that the plugin uses to be emitted at
incorrect times, hence the order is sometimes incorrect or lost. I
didn't find the time to debug this so far.

Andreas