Plugin issues building from source (KDevelop 4.2.3)

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:42:38 BST 2012

2012/3/28 Morten Volden <mvolden2 at gmail.com>

> 2012/3/7 Peter M. Clausen <petermichaelclausen at googlemail.com>
>
>> Then it took a while again to make the perforce-plugin work; I had to add
>> the env-variable P4CONFIG=$HOME/p4config.txt
>>
>> The file has the content:
>>
>> P4PASSWD=my_pass
>> P4BASE=my_base
>> P4CLIENT=my_client
>> P4USER=my_user
>> P4PORT=my_port
>>

> Hi
>
> First of all, thanks for your input.
>
> The reason it did not work out of the box for you is because you did not
> place p4config.txt in the perforce workspace root.
>
> Which, from what I gather from the their web site, is the standard (if you
> will) way to do it:
>
> http://kb.perforce.com/article/1194/using-multiple-workspaces-with-p4exp
>
> That being said, I think it would be nice if we could make the plugin a
> bit more helpful. One way of doing that could for example be for the plugin
> to require that the P4CONFIG
>
> I seem to remember

Whoops. Hit the send button a bit too soon there :-)

What I meant to say was:

One way of doing that could for example be for the plugin to require that
the P4CONFIG variable is set during construction, and unload the plugin
with a helpful error message if it is not.

I have updated the README file to be a little more helpful.

Regards

Morten