Plugin issues building from source (KDevelop 4.2.3)

Peter M. Clausen petermichaelclausen at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 02:11:03 GMT 2012

Hi

I just compiled KDevelop 4.2.3 from source and the plugins:
kdev-perforce
kdev-valgrind

As Millian noted in "Re: kdev-valgrind does not work with the latest build
from trunk of kdevelop4 (4.3x)" I had to change files

share/kde4/services/kdevperforce.desktop
share/kde4/services/kdevvalgrind.desktop

the line (I have no idea why, trial and error and it worked):

X-KDevelop-Version=11

Then it took a while again to make the perforce-plugin work; I had to add
the env-variable P4CONFIG=$HOME/p4config.txt

The file has the content:

P4PASSWD=my_pass
P4BASE=my_base
P4CLIENT=my_client
P4USER=my_user
P4PORT=my_port

I have not got time to fix the documentation myself - I hope this mail can
be used by others in same situation.

Now Kdevelop is up and running with Perforce, and I'm a very happy man...
Keep up the good work everyone!

Best regards

PMC