what about auto-hiding toolbars?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 6 16:27:46 GMT 2012

On 06.03.12 14:40:55, Marcel Hellwig wrote:

> >In Eclipse, when you double click in the file tab, you can hide/unhide
> >the others components on screen, like other docks.
> Eclipse is mostly a java IDE a bit overweight and not really useable
> for C++ (imo).

However, which language you use Eclipse for does not matter if it comes
to core components such as the dockviews/toolbars/editor area. While
Eclipse might not be the wholy grail it does get some things right and
being able to maximize the editor across the complete mainwindow is
definetly one - especially when deciding to quick-fix a bug while
being in a debug-session.

> >It's a nice feature
> >for people who use mouse.
> Also I am developing programs for more than 5 years now and the
> first thing i want to know, when i use a program, what the shortcuts
> are. It's nasty to switch from 10 finger keyboard to the mouse and
> back. It's time wasting, so you don't want it. You can use Alt+F11
> (or only F11) if you are using GNOME 3. In KDE should be a similar
> function anywhere. Just google it

The point here was not maximizing the kdevelop window, but only the
editor area.

BTW: In eclipse this is Ctrl+M and maximized whatever the  active part
is (editor or toolview).