open without reopening projects

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:19:25 GMT 2012

<yngve.levinsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was wondering, is it possible to configure KDevelop so that when I
> > > start it it does not load the projects I had opened last time? I have
> > > quite a few different projects I work on, and they all take ~10 s to
> > > open as they are quite big. As a result, I would prefer if KDevelop
> > > just opened without any projects by default, and then I could select
> > > the one I wanted to work on from the recent projects menu.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Yngve
>
> Well, yes. Just to clarify the answer above: The problem you have is
> not solved by finding a way to open just a couple of projects, but by
> organizing them in sessions. Keeping them in sessions lets you use the
> KDevelop launcher to pick the session that contains the projects you
> want to work on.
>
> David E. Narvaez

Hi,

Thanks for your input. So the answer is no then, for now? If you are working
on a "runner" which will open sessions in the same way as it is already doing
for kate then that is a good solution. In my installation, krunner does not
propose to open "session manager" for kdevelop when I write kdev in the
search, but that is perhaps the fault of the people compiling my distribution?
Essentially I guess it would only be a second .desktop file which adds --ps to
the arguments..?

Best Regards,
Yngve