open without reopening projects

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Thu Mar 1 14:38:40 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Michael George Hart
<michael.george.hart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On my latest build of kdevelop4, installed under the developer menu is a way to start kdevelop4 so you can select with whatever session before actually starting kdevelop
>
> I, the unwilling, was lead by the unqualified, to do the unbelievable for so long with so little, that I attempted the impossible with nothing
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:31 AM, Yngve Inntjore Levinsen <yngve.levinsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering, is it possible to configure KDevelop so that when I start it
> > it does not load the projects I had opened last time? I have quite a few
> > different projects I work on, and they all take ~10 s to open as they are quite
> > big. As a result, I would prefer if KDevelop just opened without any projects
> > by default, and then I could select the one I wanted to work on from the
> > recent projects menu.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Yngve

Well, yes. Just to clarify the answer above: The problem you have is
not solved by finding a way to open just a couple of projects, but by
organizing them in sessions. Keeping them in sessions lets you use the
KDevelop launcher to pick the session that contains the projects you
want to work on.

David E. Narvaez