gdb non stop mode in kdevelop?

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Feb 27 06:09:34 GMT 2012

On 25/02/12 19:57, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2012 15:47:18 kdevelop at warship.prima.de wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I searched the web for information, but nothing found :-(
>>
>> Is it possible to use gdbs non stop mode in kdevelop?
>
> What is "non stop mode"? Care to share some link explaining that?

Non-stop mode is a GDB operation mode where hitting a breakpoint in one thread
suspends that thread without suspending any other threads. GDB manual describes
it. It is relatively recent addition, and it requires some per-architecture work,
so it does not work everywhere. It does work on x86, of course.

To answer the original question -- KDevelop does not have an easy way to enable
non-stop mode, and I am not sure it will work even if non-stop mode is enabled
manually. In particular, I suspect that KDevelop internal structures that track
running/stopped states of threads will break down in non-stop mode.

HTH,
Volodya