QML support for kdevelop and plasmate

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas terietor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:26:40 BST 2011

Hello,

right now we don't have QML support neither for plasmate of for
kdevelop.This has to change if we want to help ourselves and
future developers.I recall that the first time that i code in Qt that
kdevelop helped me a lot,so the same has to be done for QML.
Agree?

Both projects can benefit from it and do some code reuse,since KDE(as a
whole) is based on the idea of code reuse,i don't see why
we shouldn't do it.

We have to see how many code we could reuse from kdevplatform and in general
to discuss it.:)

I forgot to mention that i am willing to do it and the kdevelop team is
willing to help me(mentor me).

As it regards plasmate,i will fix my currect reviews(in the worst case it is
a 3 days work) and then i will work on that.
Without a QML support so good as the current one of kdevelop for c++ i don't
think that someone will use it.

P.S.: if someone else also wants to work on that one,please don't hesitate
to mention it here.

cheers

--
Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos (terietor)