Qt Designer plugin

Valentyn Pavliuchenko valentyn.pavliuchenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:21:24 BST 2011

> Is it loaded? (Help->About Plugins) If not, check the verbose output of
> kdevelop, in particular the shell area. I bet the plugin version is too
> old for whatever KDevplatform version you have. Its stuck at v9, which
> means kdevplatform 1.0.

No, it's not loaded (don't see it on Loaded Plugins).
KDevelop is almost silent in console (I'm using my distro's build now) - how
to enable logging?

> But you shouldn't really use that plugin anyway, it may eat your
> children, dog, cats and money :) Use the standalone Qt designer. Its
> unmaintained since 2 years and never really worked properly.

I don't care about my children, dogs, cats, money, etc. I just want designer
integration - this is a must for any modern IDE.
And yes, when I last tried it it worked. I was able to use it.
Can yo give me some advice how to get this plugin working?

P.S. Using separate Qt Designer sucks - first letter in IDE means
Integrated. And UI designer is essential part. I bet it's one of the main
reasons why people use QtCreator instead of KDevelop, even when it loses in
language support.

--
Best regards,
Valentyn Pavliuchenko