Kdevelop on Windows

Adam Wood Adam.Wood at grantadesign.com
Thu Nov 10 16:51:09 GMT 2011

Hi Milian,

Thanks for the info.

I'm quite happy to spend some time making it work, and if I ever get there I'll be sure to share the results.  I'd love to help in this effort, I just need a helping hand to get into it.

I'm not expecting it to be a perfect experience, the key features for me would be managing the project with CMake and the code editor features like auto-complete.  For all the benefits of Visual Studio whenever anyone raises intellisense as a benefit I have to chuckle.  Compared to my development on Linux it's much less reliable.

I have run kbuildsycoca, whether I've run it correctly with everything in the right place is something I'm less sure about.  Actually, I'm pretty convinced it's something in this area that is tripping me up as I have a mostly working kdevelop, I just appear to be missing several docking panes and menu items.

Do you have any suggestions for figuring out what is a complete set of .desktop files (and anything else)?

Thanks,

Adam