questions/suggestions

Sat Jun 11 07:09:58 BST 2011

On Saturday 11 Jun 2011 1:24:20 AM Wolf Behrenhoff wrote:
> Hello KDevelop team,
>
> I am using KDevelop almost every day and really like it :-) - although I am
> sure I am using only a subset of the functionality.
>
> I have got four questions:
>
> 0. When opening KDevelop, it tries to restore all files that were open last
> time. However, if the files are not available (I my case that usually means
> I forgot to get a Kerberos token) KDevelop starts with an empty workspace.
> Could there be a dialog like "Cound not open files (list of files). <Try
> Again> <Continue without opening them>"?
>
> 1. I usually have the Filesystem on the left side of my screen and the
> source code on the right side. Sometimes I want to see more of the
> filesystem, sometimes less, so I use the splitter between the to windows.

Did you know that you can double click the title bar of the dock widget and it
would maximize to fill the entire space?

> Sometimes it happens that the Filesystem becomes suddenly undocked when
> clicking on the splitter, and then I cannot move it any longer. Even
> closing and reopening the Filesystem does not help in that case. I've also
> played around with the diamond on top which usually does docking/undocking.
> It then stops working. I have experienced this especially on smaller
> screens when lots of source code files are open. The only "solution" I
> found is to restart KDevelop... Is this problem known and is there a
> solution?

I have never experienced this and it sounds like a bug. However, generally
speaking, with QDockWidgets i have noticed that if the dock widget's minimum
size is in someway bigger than the space available for it to dock, it simply
refuses to dock!

> 2. Is it possible to hide certain files in the filesystem view? The folders
> I am browsing through usually contain .cc, .h, .py, and .pyc files.
> However, I don't want to open any pyc (compiled Python) with KDevelop, so
> it would be great if I could hide these files.

Hmmm... There used to be a "filters" at the bottom of the filesystem dock but no
longer exists. Maybe it was in KDevelop3 or was it Kate?

--
Cheers!
Kishore