debugger malfunctioning

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 06:41:54 GMT 2011

Hi,
I have noticed two malfunctions in kdevelop debugger but don't know whether they
are bug or not and if they really bugs, how to report them.
1- Sometimes when I click "continue" to reach a breakpoint, the pointer comes to
the bug icon. That is fine, however after I press f10 (step over), I noticed
that debug pointer goes one step back (the line before bug icon) and then by
pressing f10 again it comes to the bug icon. Another f10 will forward the
pointer to the line after bug icon. In another word, consider I have put a
brackpoint on line 670:
  668
  669
*670
  671
  672

clicking on "continue" will show:
  668
  669
->*670
  671
  672

one f10:
  668
->  669
*670
  671
  672

Another f10:
  668
  669
->*670
  671
  672

Another f10:
  668
  669
*670
->  671
  672

Don't you think it is abnormal?

2- Another malfunction is that, when I click "continue" it goes some line after
the bug icon. I have attached a picture that shows the behavior. You may say,
the debugger reached the bug icon and then I pressed "step over" but believe me
I just pressed "continue" and saw that. I didn't pressed "step over".

Any idea about them?
// Naderan *Mahmood;