kdevelop slow while in debug

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sun Feb 27 13:37:08 GMT 2011

On Sunday, February 27, 2011 16:20:55 Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Sunday February 27 2011, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 February 2011 22:12:28 Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > May be adding a breakpoint into the list of breakpoints needs to be
> > > checked  for duplication?
> >
> > Rather, the .gdbinit shouldn't be read more than once, if that.
>
> Not sure...
> Sorry, may be I did not express myself clear enough...
>
> The BP is in the .gdbinit. It is read each time user presses F9 - start
> debug. And this is correct. IMHO.
>
> What is incorrect, IMHO, that kdevelop sees this BP and inserts it again
> and again in cumulative manner. Putting a simple check to avoid BP
> duplication should solve the issue...

Uhm, are you saing that breakpoint set one, from .gdbinit/CLI, and then
KDevelop goes on the reinsert it many times?

That sounds like a bug, of course, but I am not sure what change could have
caused it. I would not be able to take a look at least during a week, so if
anybody wants to investigate in earlier, it would be great.

- Volodya