Alternative tools setup?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 00:18:18 GMT 2011

Hello,
   New KDevelop user, not much of a programmer. Just curious about
doing some CUDA programming. I found KDevelop after a few hours
looking for a problem in vi and not seeing it. In KDevelop I found the
problem in 2 minutes. If nothing else good happens today a big thanks
for that anyway!

   I'm interested in programming for CUDA and therefore need to define:

1) A different template - *.cu files - which are C like, not C++ as
far as I can tell right now. (I know very little C and no C++ so maybe
I'm wrong about that. Just learning now...)

2) A different compiler - nvcc

   Can someone point me toward any instructions on doing this?

Thanks,
Mark