coloured output in debug window?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 6 12:17:54 BST 2011

On 06.04.11 12:34:36, Oliver Schuppe wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> > No, not unless someone changes the output view to a real console or
> > implements and ansi-parser and changes the outputview to a text-edit which
> > allows to put colors on arbitrary parts of text. The current design does
> > not support that.
>
> Didn't look at the code so far, so: any hints where to start if I wanted
> to use a text-edit for the output? Or is that an bigger issue to change?

That is a bigger issue to change, though for the application-output itself
it shoulnd't be that much of a problem (compared to the build-output) as
its not supporting interactive usage. The plugin is (IIRC) plugins/execute,
it currently uses the standardoutputview library/API which does not support
this. So that has to be changed to something else.

Andreas