Perforce integration

Peter M. Clausen petermichaelclausen at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 13 02:26:10 GMT 2010

Hi

I want to look into the possibility of using KDevelop, especially
after we changed our build system to CMake. The KDevelop integration
is awesome! My major issue is perforce integration. I have found
nothing about Perforce integration (and development hereof) in
KDevelop 4.x, except for the vision:

http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/Vision

"Version control support:

    * Subversion
    * Perforce "

I assume the wiki-text is old/out-of-date (git is missing...), but I
would like help with the Perforce integration if anybody else would
also be interested. In my option it is not necessary with a full blown
integration as in Eclipse, but simply support basic stuff like check
out, add of files and such. Eclipse and CMake sucks...

I would prefer not program it myself because I have no desire to use
too much time on learning how to program GUIs /KDE.
But I do have programming experience (+5 y professional) in C++,
fortran, Perl and Python, so I believe I can test/bug-fix an initial
implementation based on some command line implementation (perhaps
based on csv, svn, git ?).

I am looking forward to your input - keep up the good work!

Best regards

Peter