ADD_DEFINITIONS and kdevelop

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sun May 9 19:54:38 BST 2010

On Wednesday 05 May 2010 17:38:59 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> Not public quite yet, and too much code anyway. But I will try to create a
> smallish example tomorrow.

Ok, baby got sick and all those things, but I have a minimal example now:

CMakeLists.txt:

PROJECT(cmaketest)

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

find_package(KDevPlatform)

IF (KDevPlatform_DIR)
add_definitions(-DHAVE_TEST)
ENDIF(KDevPlatform_DIR)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(cmaketest main.cpp)

main.cpp:

#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
#ifdef HAVE_TEST
    std::cout << "Ok, we have text!" << std::endl;
#endif
    std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;
    return 0;
}

It is quite obvious from the highlighting that the HAVE_TEST macro is
undefined. After some debugging ( and submitting a patch to a related issue ),
I note that find_package fails to define KDevPlatform_DIR upon completion
(While CMake defines it there). I don't know why, but I might look at it
soonish. At least I feel I know a bit about how to navigate the cmake
projectmanager now.

--
Kind regards, Esben