Directories tree

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 8 09:47:14 BST 2010

On 08.05.10 02:29:44, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Saturday May 8 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 08.05.10 01:43:26, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I installed the kdevelop1.0.0 and created the new C++ project with the
> > > wizard (hello world).
> > >
> > > 1. I received the PROJECT directory with 'build' & 'src' subdirs, while
> > > main.cpp file resides in the PROJECT directory. I expected it to be in
> > > the 'src', but...
> >
> > Which template did you choose? Those coming with KDevelop all have no
> > src/ subdir, so I guess you've taken one from kapptemplate. I file a
> > bugreport against it on bugs.kde.org
> I choose 'New From Template"-'C++'-'No GUI'-'Simple CMake...'.
> If I understood you, the 'src director is not supposed to be the directory for
> sources?

You're free to use whatever setup you want, but the template is indeed
not supposed to have a src/ directory and the main.cpp is supposed to be
in the main directory. Of course you can change that if you want.

> > > 2. Anyway, main.cpp compiled and run. I added to
> > > #include "sm.h"
> > > line and put the sm.h file into 'src' directory. Compilation failed and
> > > it suggested me to add custom path. I agreed. After several attempts of
> > > different directories for "storage" and "automatic" I managed to satisfy
> > > the kdevelop itself -it now does not complain about sm.h file absence.
> > > Still, compilation fails.
> >
> > You need to edit the buildsystem files to let the compiler know about
> > where your includes are. That would also tell kdevelop about the include
> > directory and hence you wouldn't even be asked to add it as custom
> > include path to the .kdev_include_paths file.
> Once again, If I understood you, all the treating of cmake files is manual?

Yes. Documentation can be found on cmake.org, kdevelop  does provide
some auto-completion and code-navigation which should make writing the
cmake files easier.

> And .kdev_include_paths file is not seen by cmake?

Right, that file is only used by the C++ support.

Andreas

--
Among the lucky, you are the chosen one.