Directories tree

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sat May 8 00:29:44 BST 2010

On Saturday May 8 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 08.05.10 01:43:26, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I installed the kdevelop1.0.0 and created the new C++ project with the
> > wizard (hello world).
> >
> > 1. I received the PROJECT directory with 'build' & 'src' subdirs, while
> > main.cpp file resides in the PROJECT directory. I expected it to be in
> > the 'src', but...
>
> Which template did you choose? Those coming with KDevelop all have no
> src/ subdir, so I guess you've taken one from kapptemplate. I file a
> bugreport against it on bugs.kde.org
I choose 'New From Template"-'C++'-'No GUI'-'Simple CMake...'.
If I understood you, the 'src director is not supposed to be the directory for
sources?

> > 2. Anyway, main.cpp compiled and run. I added to
> > #include "sm.h"
> > line and put the sm.h file into 'src' directory. Compilation failed and
> > it suggested me to add custom path. I agreed. After several attempts of
> > different directories for "storage" and "automatic" I managed to satisfy
> > the kdevelop itself -it now does not complain about sm.h file absence.
> > Still, compilation fails.
>
> You need to edit the buildsystem files to let the compiler know about
> where your includes are. That would also tell kdevelop about the include
> directory and hence you wouldn't even be asked to add it as custom
> include path to the .kdev_include_paths file.
Once again, If I understood you, all the treating of cmake files is manual?
And .kdev_include_paths file is not seen by cmake?

Thank you, Andreas! Do you eve sleep? :-)
--
Leon