Last plea

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Jun 9 15:11:13 BST 2010

On Wednesday June 9 2010, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Leon Pollak, 09.06.2010:
> > On Wednesday June 9 2010, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > Leon Pollak, 08.06.2010:

> > > You probably need kdebase from KDE 3 and KControl to configure that. Or
> > > maybe there is some config file you can edit by hand.
> >
> > Thank you, Millian.
> >
> > What you say looks trange for me, as kdevelop-3.5.5 worked fine with my
> > FC11, which had KDE 4.4 installed.
> >
> > Probably, there should be some tuning, parameter, definition that must be
> > set for kdevelo-3.5.5 to work...:-(
>
> KDevelop itself doesn't care about it's font settings, esp. not in menus
> captures etc. This is all taken from a central KDE configuration. I don't
> know whether it tries to take some KDE4 config file and fails due to that.
> You should make sure that your KDE3 apps use a different $KDEHOME then the
> KDE4 apps, just to make sure.
This is my script to start kdevelop3:
export KDEDIR=/home/leonp/kdev-3.5.5/install/:/$KDEDIR
export KDEHOME=/home/leonp/kdev-3.5.5/homekdev355
kbuildsycoca
/home/leonp/kdev-3.5.5/install/bin/kdevelop &

and homekdev355 was empty at the first run. May be this is the cause?

And, I do not know if this is important, but when the script runs it says:
Warning: kbuildsycoca is unable to register with DCOP.
kbuildsycoca running...
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
Reusing existing ksycoca