kdevelop start-up + automatically adding dates

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 1 07:47:05 BST 2010

On 01.07.10 11:34:06, Raymond Wan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just moved from kdevelop 3 to 4 and there's something I use to do
> which I don't know how to now.  Running it from the command-line, I
> use to be able to type:
>
> kdevelop foo.txt
>
> and it will load that file for me.  Now, it reloads the previous
> session instead.  It will load foo.txt for me only if I gave the full
> pathname.  Is there a way to get "kdevelop foo.txt" to work through
> some switch, setting, etc.

Thats a bug in the argument handling, I just fixed it for 4.0 branch and
master, so the next release will contain this fix.

> And I've seen  for a long time editors like emacs being able to add
> the last saved date into the file at the moment that file is saved by
> putting a special placeholder in the file.  (I'm not an emacs user, so
> I can't remember what the placeholder is.)  Can kdevelop do something
> similar, perhaps through a plugin, etc.?

That would be something you'd better ask the Kate developers. Kate is
the editor component we're using in KDevelop and is developed by another
team.

Andreas

--
You will be run over by a beer truck.