library compiled from different directories cannot be build

Georg Füchsle giofyxle at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:38:26 GMT 2010

Hallo everybody,

my library compiled from different directories cannot be build:
gmake ends up with:

g++: libsafirApi.so: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [libsafirApi.so] Error 1

I added a new library (libsafirApi) to my project that should be
compiled from sources that are spread over different diretcories:

the file structure is approximately like the following:

safirApi
safirApi/de
safirApi/de/safir
safirApi/de/safir/api
safirApi/de/safir/api/functions

Threre are sourcefiles only in safirApi and in
safirApi/de/safir/api/functions. (The structure is derived from a java
project that I am going to transfer to C++)

I tried to do the steps as described in:
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=FAQ#How_to_create_a_simple_Automake_project_with_a_directory_hierarchy_.3F

I have made subprojekts for de, safir, api and functions
And I have created the corresponding targets libde, libsafir, libapi
and libfunctions (with Libtool/noinst  lib<dirname>.la)
It was necessary to add dummy sourcecode to the empty projects.

The main library has got a target (Program in bin  libsafirApi.so)

Now the subprojects are successfully build to the *.la files. But the
complete library (libsafirApi.so)  is not assembled.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks

Gio