Where's the Konsole?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Mon Oct 26 20:29:15 GMT 2009

On 10/26/2009 10:24 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 10/26/2009 09:41 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 26.10.09 21:20:43, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> In KDevelop 4 (SVN), I have the Konsole plugin active. But how do I
>>> get a Konsole? In KDevelop 3, it was at the bottom of the screen.
>>> Now I can't find it.
>>
>> Sorry, you're not making a lot of sense. So you have kdevelop4 up and
>> running?
>
> Yes.
>

>> If so and if you have installed kdebase from KDE4 you should
>> have konsole on the bottom as toolview.
>>
>> Or are you using kde3 in a KDE4 desktop? In that case you can't get the
>> embedded konsole as kde4 plugins don't work in kde3 plugins (and there's
>> no way to install both versions of konsole at the same time).
>
> I'm on KDE 4.3.2. KDE3 is not installed at all. I don't get a "Konsole"
> option in KDevelop. I only get "Code Browser", "Problems" and "GDB":
>
> http://i36.tinypic.com/6f8f8l.png
>
> Perhaps it's a preference somewhere? I searched thoroughly though.

OK, solved it.  I had to disable (uncheck) the plugin, click "Apply",
and then enable it and Apply again.  I did the same for all the other
plugins too, and now a lot more shows up at the bottom of the window.

Somehow, all of those plugins were listed as enabled (checked), but in
reality, almost none of them were running.