kdevelop4

Hector Gordon hectoraigordon at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 29 14:03:56 GMT 2009

Hi again
      Thanks for the steer, I now have more projects to choose from but
,unfortunately I can make none of them work. Neither can I import projects
developed under kdevelop 3.

      After entering a project name I get the config. & build dialog with
the first fields pre-entered. There are 3 more fields
                    Installation Prefix, Build type and status.

      I select debug build type but having no idea what an installation
Prefix might be or what may be required in the status field I go for 'OK'. I
results in  Error ' could not start program'-'check path spec. ' I check
that the path pre-entered in the wizard has not been created and have no
idea what to do next. I have used kdevelop 3xx successfully for programming
for some years but kdevelop4 is making me feel like an idiot, especially as
there is as yet no documentation. Any advice would be appreciated as would
be an indication as to the projected date for some documentation.
     All the best      Ian Gordon