Can't navigate code in Custom Makefile project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 12 07:44:56 GMT 2009

On 12.03.09 03:21:01, Yang Zhang wrote:
> Hi, I'm using KDevelop 3.5.3 on Ubuntu 8.10 and I can't seem to
> navigate C++ code. The status bar always says "(unresolved)", and
> right-clicking on an element in the source doesn't let me jump to its
> definition/declaration. I had created a Custom Makefile project and
> imported some existing sources - it's just a handful of .cc's and
> .h's, and a Makefile. Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Are these files marked as project files? Did you add *.cc as wildcard for
project files? You can add it in the project options under custom makefile
and you can then add all of your .cc files as project files via the File
Tree toolview. Just right-click on the top level entry and choose "Add
File/Dir to Project (recursive)". That should make code navigation work for
in-project files, as long as you don't use a lot of typedefs and macro's.

For external libraries look at Project Options->C++ Support, you can let
kdevelop parse the library headers to get code completion and navigation
for them. More detailed info can be found in the FAQ on www.kdevelop.org.

Andreas

--
You never hesitate to tackle the most difficult problems.