Qt designer

DavJTanner at aol.com DavJTanner at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 14:16:40 GMT 2009

In a message dated 3/7/2009 7:35:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  apaku at gmx.de
writes:

On  07.03.09 19:02:57, DavJTanner at aol.com wrote:
> I am running Gentoo  linux.
>
> I recently emerged kde and kdevelop.  When  I invoke Qt designer, it is
> defective.
>

> The buttons are blank.  I can't find any way to  make a new slot or  make
any
> code.
>
>  Versions:
> kde: 3.5.9,
> kdevelop: 3.5.2,
> qt 4:  4.3.3,
> Qt designer: 4.3.3.
>
> This is probably a  Gentoo issue, but I wonder if you have heard of  it?

So you're  using the standalone Qt4 designer? If so I suggest to ask in  the
qt-interest list or file a bugreport with Gentoo. I've never seen  Qt4
designer have no icons on the buttons.

Note though that Qt4  designer doesn't support the same kind of
slot-creation that Qt3 designer  supported. You can instruct it to expect a
given slot, so it'll generate a  connect statement, but there's no
code-editing inside Qt4 designer, so you  have to declare and define the
slot outside (i.e. in kdevelop)  yourself.

Andreas

--
Your business will go through a period  of considerable  expansion.

kdevelop  mailing  list
kdevelop at kdevelop.org

I used Qt4 designer because the new version of kdevelop connected me  to it
(I hadn't visited kde/kdevelop in over 2 years).  I assumed this was  just the
latest version of designer.  When the icons were missing, I  wondered what
else could be missing in error.  Now that I know the omission  is not an error I
say, "Without the code generating features of Qt3 desugener,  what good is
it?"  I have subsequently found where Qt3 designer lives and  will see if it will
work with Qt4.  I am also really turned off by the  "scattered windows"
interface of Qt4 designer.

I found the solution to the missing icons on the Gentoo forums:
_http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-566618-highlight-designer.html_
(http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-566618-highlight-designer.html)  (the  last
post).  Why this happened in the distribution and what the fix  does is "black
magic" to me. And the emerge with the new USE  options, offered other issues.  I
like Gentoo, but when things don't work  right, it becomes very frustrating.
I guess this criticism applies to all  of linux.

Thanks for your reply.
Dave
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219671244x1201345076/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID