Areas and Working Sets: why?

dyle dyle at dyle.org
Tue Dec 22 07:42:34 GMT 2009

#!/bin/hi *

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:01:30 +0100, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 21.12.09 09:57:48, Oliver Maurhart wrote:
>> I see. Well, KDev3 had this feature already, didn't it? Switching
>> between
>> coding and debugging changed the set/view of available tools. So,
"Code"
>> and
>> "Debug" are clear, but  what about "Review"?
>
> Because its a separate and non-trivial step in development. Not so much
> with svn (at least in my personal experience) but with other vcs' that
let
> you
> select individual lines/hunks of code-changes to be forming a single
commit
> then it suddenly takes a couple of minutes to integrate numerous
changes.
> Its more about reviewing which changes need to go into a single commit
and
> which should be in a separate commit. Dropping out debug-changes etc.

Ahhh, never thought of this one! Thx for clarifying this one.

Is it planned to set up some Wiki or Doc page to show and demonstrate new
KDev4 features? This would have helped me in the first place. I previously
googled around before going to this mailing list but had no luck. I know,
KDevelop has its own Wiki, but I didn't sensed some info dealing with
issues of this thread here.

Oliver