Line/col cursor position status is wrong

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Thu Aug 20 20:12:18 BST 2009

I use tabs instead of spaces for indentation, but the "Line: Y Col: X"
position status (in the top-right of KDevelop) always counts Tabs as a
single char.  For example if the cursor is at the beginning of the third
line, the status says "Line: 3 Col: 1".  But if I move the cursor to the
right over a tab (which is set up to be 8 spaces), instead of "Line: 3
Col: 9" it says "Line: 3 Col: 2".

I wasn't able to find a setting that restores "classic" behavior.  Note
that if I use the standalone editor "KWrite" or "Kate", it works as
expected.  The problem only exists in KDevelop.