How to

Gaël de Chalendar Gael.de-Chalendar at cea.fr
Fri Aug 7 17:59:19 BST 2009

Hello,

Le vendredi 07 août 2009 18:45:40, Leon Pollak a écrit :
> Thank you, Andreas.
>
> On Friday August 7 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Something to read about how to add files to a project
> >
> > Edit your buildsystem files (CMakeLists.txt, Makefile.am etc.)
>
> Is it the planned way of making changes to the project, or just the first
> version problems?
>
> > >, how to run debugger (pressed F9 - nothing
> > > happens), etc.
> >
> > In svn the action is disabled until you have setup a launch configuration
> > under Run->Launch Configurations.
>
> OK, thanks.
> After a lot of (about 10) crashes was able to run the hello-world...:-)
> Still, no stepping after BP...
>
> The overall impression is that for simple C++ programming the kdev4 is
> still far from kdev3, although there is a great potential in the future. Is
> it correct or am I simply too superficial?
Here, we use it on a daily basis, mainly for editing and building. Testing and
debuging are done using the command line.
We have projects of some 10k lines and the code completion and navigation
features are really great.
Furthermore, as soon as the project structure is globaly stabilized,
CMakeLists.txt are simple enough to edit manualy. The lack of automaticity is
thus not a great problem.

Regards,

Gaël

--