Comments/Questions re Launch Configurations

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 5 08:29:45 BST 2009

On 05.08.09 11:02:33, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:10:45 +0200, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 04.08.09 14:47:35, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> >> Configure Launches
> >> - The indent on the tree heirachy is tiny, it took me a while to
> actually
> >> notice there was a tree, so I kept configuring launches under the root
> >> and
> >> wondering why I could configure launches on a per project basis.
> >
> > If the indentation is larger you'll see even less from the whole tree.
>
> On my std (19") monitor there's ample room,

Thats your monitor. Not everybody has such a large monitor. I'm trying
to make the dialog work also on 1024x768..

> but the indent is only 3 or 4

Its 5 Pixel actually :)

> pixels, unless your eyes are in perfect shape its very hard to see. I'm
> sure it could increased to even 12 pixels :) without cramping the text
> display.

I could leave it at the default value for tree's, but as I said that'll
be removing much from the visible data in low resolutions. Even more so
when I'm done adding yet another level to the tree to fix the current
ui-problem, but I'll keep this in mind and try to make the gap bigger if
I can.

> >> - The "Project Target" entry - I have no idea what to put in there,
> >> nothing
> >> seems to work.
> >
> > A path from the project model. A "file-dialog"-like browsing mechanism
> > is on our todo list.
>
> I still don't understand what's meant to go there - I noticed there's a
> auto complete drop down that allows me to pick files from the relative
> directory hierarchy, but it excludes the build directory and nothing I
> choose seems to actually allow for starting of anything.

This currently only works properly for CMake projects, as only those
keep the needed information. The idea is that you select an executable
Target from the project tree there, then kdevelop will automatically
know where the actual executable is based on the currently selected
build directory.

Andreas

--
You seek to shield those you love and you like the role of the provider.