make sometimes fails

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 4 14:50:15 BST 2009

On 04.08.09 20:02:41, Robin Atwood wrote:
> I am playing around with KDevelop 3.9.94 and sometimes a build works OK and
> sometimes I get:
>
> ...build> make myclass.o
> make: *** "no rule to make target myclass.o". Stop.

Looks like you've selected myclass.cpp in the project tree and then hit
build but there's no target in the Makefiles to build myclass.o. Either
make sure you only select really buildable things in the project tree
(unfortunately kdevelop has currently no way of knowing if a foo.o target
exists for a foo.cpp) or use the buildset on the bottom to always build a
fixed set of items from the project tree.

Andreas

--
All the troubles you have will pass away very quickly.