Comments/Questions re Launch Configurations

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 05:47:35 BST 2009

KDevelop 3.9.94 (from repo)
KDevPlatform 0.9.94
KDE 4.3 RC3 (4.2.98)

- When projects are generated from a template why are there no default
Launch Configurations for actually running them? Release and Debug ones
would be really useful.

Configure Launches
- The indent on the tree heirachy is tiny, it took me a while to actually
notice there was a tree, so I kept configuring launches under the root and
wondering why I could configure launches on a per project basis.

- The "Project Target" entry - I have no idea what to put in there, nothing
seems to work.

- the "Executable" entry, that's easy enough to figure out, but why is it
an absolute path reference? wouldn't relative to the project root directory
be more useful?

I find this whole seperation of Build types and Launch types quite odd -
what's wrong with Debug and Release builds? currently its really easy to
mix release builds with debug launches etc, which doesn't make a lot of
sense.

Thanks,

Lindsay

p.s The IDE is awesome, love the way its going in general. The code
inspection tools and inline docs etc are extremely useful already.

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home/