Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 18:55:42 GMT 2008

On 10.03.08 18:45:53, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am a bit confused and do not know where to look. Please, excuse me and, if
> possible, help...:-)
>
> After the last updates (kde 3.5.9-3; kdevelop 3.5.1) I  noticed the strange
> phenomena:
>
> I mark the line by putting cursor at its beginning and moving it one step
> down.Immediately after this I press Ctrl-C and next Ctrl-V.
>
> Before the updates, this action simply duplicated the marked string.
> Now, the strings are concatenated!
> I tried the same with not one line, but a block of several lines - the result
> is terrible, because, for some reason, the current position is fixed in the
> first marked text line.

Hmm, I can't reproduce this here with kate 2.5.9 on Debian unstable.
However there's something missing in your steps, because after
highlighting a line with Shift+down and copying it, the line is still
highlighted and thus pasting with Ctrl+V simply overwrites that line.
Then the cursor is moved at the end of the overwritten line and here
inserting the text again really produces a concatenation.

Doing the same with a block of lines they also get concatenated to the
end of the first selected line, as thats where the cursor moves. If you
think this is wrong, please file a bugreport at bugs.kde.org against
katepart.

Andreas

--
You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better body.