Using flex bison with Kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 13:47:08 GMT 2008

On 10.03.08 13:54:49, Incani, Maximilian, OPEE14 wrote:
> A few time ago i tried unsuccessful to create a parser with flex/bison
> in Kdevelop. Now i need it again and after searching in the web and
> trying some tutorials i am still unsuccessful. In case of doubt Jonas
> Jacobi counseled me to contact you here. Therefore i ask for an working
> example which i can copy. But nevertheless i have a question.
>
> If i like to use flex/bison which project is recommended? At the time i
> am using a qmake project, but i tried a simle the "Simple Hello world
> program" too. In a qmake project i can add flex, bison and even CORBA
> IDL files without editing in files. So it seems more appropriated.
>
> And i am not completely new with flex/bison.

There are about 3 options I think:

a) use automake/autoconf and find out how to integrate flex/bison into it.
There's an example in the kdevelop3 sources
(buildtools/lib/parsers/qmake) which allows to run flex/bison manually

b) write your own Makefile's

c) use CMake, which has no GUI support in KDevelop but is a relatively
easy buildsystem. More information at www.cmake.org

There simply is no direct GUI support in KDevelop for defining a rule to
run flex/bison and qmake is probably the "hardest" way to run flex/bison
to produce some source files (in comparison to the above).

Andreas

--
Your true value depends entirely on what you are compared with.