Problem with current dir in debugger

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 24 10:28:16 BST 2008

On 24.06.08 12:00:56, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 בJune 2008, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> > > Sorry, Vladimir, I do not understand.
> > > Where are the debugger settings which define:
> > > 1. "binary to run"? The debugger icon in "Project Options" been pressed
> > > seems not to give such an option.
> > > 2. "which directory should be current". The same - where can I define
> > > this?
> >
> > See the "Project->Project Options->Run Options". It has both "Executable"
> > and "Working Directory" input fields.
> Hmmm...
> 1. I was sure that this applies only to RUN but not DEBUG process.

No, because thats way more confusing for the majority of users - two
different places to configure executable, arguments and working
directory.

> 2. In my case the "Main Program" is not marked (which strength more my suppose
> from 1) and therefore all its options are grayed out.
> But even grayed options show the current DEBUG directory.
>
> So, what is "Main Program" option?

If you've disabled the global setting KDevelop uses the settings of the
"active target" in the automake manager. Just open the target config of
the active target via its context menu and in one of the tabs there's
the configuration of working directory and arguments available.

Andreas

--
Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act -- hesitate.