Crash on startup

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sun Jan 27 14:30:45 GMT 2008

On Sunday, 27 בJanuary 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 27.01.08 11:12:49, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > The story continues - I can not load a project. Kdevelop crashes on
> > project opening (starts OK when no project is opened).
> > As I was recommended previously (thanks!), I deleted all *.pcs files, but
> > this time this does not help. Already no these files at all, but...
>
> Its still the same backtrace and thus the same problem, did you also
> remove the .pcs files under $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kdevcppsupport/pcs?
> Also in your project directory?
Yes, there are no these files at all.
And they are no more recreated for some reason.
I mean, that after deletion, even when the project started, these files were
not recreated. Is it correct?

> If all that doesn't help I can only suggest to build Berkley DB and
> KDevelop from source (the latter from SVN), apparently some distro's
> patch kdevelop or berkley db just too much.
I am not sure that I understand what you mean:

- the kdevelop itself is that from kdevelop.org site I downloaded. I use only
these rpm's.

- Yes, the db is that of distro FC8. I tried to install the last kdevelop
3.5.0-28.1, but did not succeeded:
Error: Missing Dependency: db >= 4.1 is needed by package kdevelop3
Error: Missing Dependency: kdebindings3-ruby >= 3.4.0 is needed by package
kdevelop3
Error: Missing Dependency: libdb-4.4.so()(64bit) is needed by package
kdevelop3
Error: Missing Dependency: kdelibs3-devel-doc >= 3.4.0 is needed by package
kdevelop3
Error: Missing Dependency: kdebindings3-python >= 3.4.0 is needed by package
kdevelop3
Error: Missing Dependency: qt3-devel-tools >= 3.3.2 is needed by package
kdevelop3

although my FC8 is last updated.

> > Although I was told not to plea :), I still do, as obviously the project
> > is stopped...:(
>
> Sorry, but I can't understand that at all. You can still build your
> project from a shell, edit with kate and debug it with gdb. It may not
> be as convenient as working inside KDevelop, but its surely possible.
Thanks. Mostly inertia of thinking. Yes, I can, although it will be highly
inconvenient.

> Andreas
Thanks.
Leon.