Compiler Output - Error messages not displayed
alvinbeach at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:26:30 UTC 2008
I have just been told by a coworker that scilab is experiencing the
same problem. That is, it no longer reports the error message, just
the function where the error occurs.
I know that this has nothing directly to do with KDevelop. However, if
someone could shed some light on what KDevelop uses/does to populated
the Compiler Output, than that might point me to where I can start
investigating the cause of the problem. I am wondering if it has to do
with some 3rd party package?
On Feb 18, 2008 10:14 AM, Alvin Beach <alvinbeach at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008 6:59 AM, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas <webmaster at kdevelop.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 15 February 2008 14:31:57 Alvin wrote:
> > > I noticed that this started to occur a few days ago after I did an update.
> > > I have tried downgrading gdb to 22.214.171.12470726-25, but that didn't make a
> > > difference.
> > >
> > > I am using openSUSE 10.3 and I update against the KDevelop repo:
> > > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/amilcarlucas/openSUSE_10.3/
> > >
> > > openSUSE 10.3
> > > KDevelop 126.96.36.199
> > This KDevelop contains the HEAD of KDE/3.5 so if you found a bug in there, the
> > bug will also be present in the KDevelop 3.5.1, for more info, view the
> > change log of the RPM file:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/amilcarlucas/openSUSE_10.3/repodata/repoview/kdevelop3-0-3.5.0-34.1.html
> > and the changelog of KDevelop 3.5:
> > http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.5/ChangeLog.html
> > So:
> > apaku, the error is present in 3.5.1
> > --
> > Amilcar Lucas
> > Webmaster
> > The KDevelop project
> I think the bug has been fixed. I upgraded to KDevelop 3.5.1 on two
> machines. They are practically identical in packages as both are
> openSUSE 10.3 and updated with the same repos (or they should be
> identical that is:)). On one machine, the Compile Output still does
> not display the error messages. On the other machine, KDevelop works
> fine and the gdb output is functional (error messages appear). I tried
> with a few syntax errors and calling functions which do not exist. I'm
> using a new C++ Simple Hello World project. The Compile Output on the
> second machine displayed all the error messages.
> I will try to hunt down the difference between the two machines. But,
> as of right now, I don't think the problem is KDevelop. It's probably
> my first computer which just happens to be the computer I use more
> often. When I find the cause, I'll report back to the list.
More information about the KDevelop