Compiler Output - Error messages not displayed

Alvin alvinbeach at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:31:57 GMT 2008

Hello all,

When I compile a custom project, the output pane no longer displays the
compiler error messages. For Automake projects, I have to compile twice to
see the messages. All my code is C++, so I use g++.

All I see is just the function where an error has occurred, but not the other
information (line number, error message, etc.). Here is an example of what I
see:

   canvas_functions.cpp: In function 'void plot_cubes()'

If I issue 'make' in the embedded console, I see the error messages.

I have tried setting the output to "Full Compiler Output" but the errors still
do not show.

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

I noticed that this started to occur a few days ago after I did an update. I
have tried downgrading gdb to 6.6.50.20070726-25, but that didn't make a
difference.

I am using openSUSE 10.3 and I update against the KDevelop repo:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/amilcarlucas/openSUSE_10.3/

openSUSE 10.3
KDevelop 3.5.0.8
gdb 6.7.50.20080131-11.1