kdevelop building and executing against chrooted env.

Martin Larsen MLA at compugame.dk
Thu Apr 17 08:12:23 BST 2008

I need help/feedback on a senario that i wish to configure.

I have developers who use kdevelop on an debian sarge installation, and
the bin files are destined for an embedded device which also runs
(albeit scaled down) sarge. and it is vital that there is no
compatibility problems. But i desperately want to upgrade their
workstations. Thats why i need a solution for the build requirements.

I have been playing around with a chrooted sarge env. on an ubuntu 7.10
and am able to compile the project, now how do i make the native ubuntu
kdevelop compile and run the app. against the chrooted env?

Is this even the way to go or is there a better way to acomplish this?

best regards
  martin larsen