Proper command line build of a KDevelop project

Kovacs Peter Tamas p.kovacs at holografika.com
Tue May 29 19:06:33 BST 2007

Dear Andreas,

thanks for your answer.
> On 29.05.07 18:46:24, Kovacs Peter Tamas wrote:
>
>> My problem is that I have to supply the CXXFLAGS and the LDFLAGS
>> manually, however they are already in the .kdevelop file.
>> Is there a one-liner automatic build option for KDevelop, which thakes
>> the .kdevelop file and the configuration (debug or optimized) and
>> compiles the project exactly as when I pressed 'Build' in KDevelop?
>>

> No, you could start kdevelop with the .kdevelop file and then issue
> "build" via dcop, however I don't think changing the configuration is
> possible via dcop.

I feel this solution a bit overkill :)
It reminds me some automatic testing environment, which approach seems
to be strange for me here.
>> The trick done by KDevelop is that it supplies the flags when running
>> configure. But how can I do the same from the command line? (I mean,
>> without parsing the kdevelop file and supplying the parameters with a
>> script).
>>

> Well, if the flags are fixed for debug and optimized you could
> "hardcode" them and supply them also on the commandline via
>
> CXXFLAGS="foo" LD_FLAGS="bar" ../configure

This is exactly what I've done until this time, but since we have
multiple projects, I use the same autobuild script for all of them (for
easy maintainability, I just supply SVN repository name, target dir on
the server, email of developers to warn on error, etc..), and they use
different compiler switches, this is not enough.

What I would like to have is something like I do with visual studio, I
just say this in my script:
devenv project.sln /build configurationName /out build.log
and everything is build exactly as I pressed the build button.
I thought the command line way of doing this must be just as easy on
Linux :)
I just cannot find the proper command line after several hours of googling.

Is there any other way?

Thanks,
Peter