Proper command line build of a KDevelop project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 29 18:57:47 BST 2007

On 29.05.07 18:46:24, Kovacs Peter Tamas wrote:
> My problem is that I have to supply the CXXFLAGS and the LDFLAGS
> manually, however they are already in the .kdevelop file.
> Is there a one-liner automatic build option for KDevelop, which thakes
> the .kdevelop file and the configuration (debug or optimized) and
> compiles the project exactly as when I pressed 'Build' in KDevelop?

No, you could start kdevelop with the .kdevelop file and then issue
"build" via dcop, however I don't think changing the configuration is
possible via dcop.

> The trick done by KDevelop is that it supplies the flags when running
> configure. But how can I do the same from the command line? (I mean,
> without parsing the kdevelop file and supplying the parameters with a
> script).

Well, if the flags are fixed for debug and optimized you could
"hardcode" them and supply them also on the commandline via

CXXFLAGS="foo" LD_FLAGS="bar" ../configure

Andreas

--
You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.  Especially
if they are dead.