Proper command line build of a KDevelop project

Kovacs Peter Tamas p.kovacs at holografika.com
Tue May 29 17:46:24 BST 2007

Dear all,

I want to build our KDevelop projects in an automated way, without
starting KDevelop itself and working purely from the command line.
If I execute the same commands as KDevelop does (I've read them from the
full output), it works almost fine, but I have a problem.
The CXX options and -L options contained in the .kdevelop XML file (the
ones that are set in Project / Options / Configure options) are not
taken into account when I do this:

mkdir optimized
cd optimized
aclocal
autoheader
automake
autoconf
CXXFLAGS=anything LDFLAGS=anything ../configure
make

My problem is that I have to supply the CXXFLAGS and the LDFLAGS
manually, however they are already in the .kdevelop file.
Is there a one-liner automatic build option for KDevelop, which thakes
the .kdevelop file and the configuration (debug or optimized) and
compiles the project exactly as when I pressed 'Build' in KDevelop?

The trick done by KDevelop is that it supplies the flags when running
configure. But how can I do the same from the command line? (I mean,
without parsing the kdevelop file and supplying the parameters with a
script).

Thanks for you help,
Peter Kovacs