newbie question - How start a project from sratch ?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 10 11:55:41 BST 2007

On 10.05.07 12:25:43, Pyrosbrother wrote:
> hello,
>
> I hope I am at the good place to ask a newbie question about Kdevelop.
> Sorry if not...
>
> I run Kdevelop 3.4 with QT4 for my first samples program and now I want
> to try to compile a project - let's say Ksudoku because that's the one I
> have tried :) - and could not succeed...

Importing it into KDevelop should work just fine. In case thats a KDE4
app you need to do some extra setup steps for the project, like setting
environment variables for KDE4 compilation. More details on that can be
found on:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Set_up_KDE_4_for_development

In section 2.1

> I am a Windows developper with MSVC and know how to start a project from
> scratch with it. But in Kdevelop I don't know how to do. I have
> succeeded by starting with a QSample project to get a new project and
> adding my files as needed but here I don't know how to start to get a
> Kdevelop project for Ksudoku. I have succeed in cmake and make procedure
> with shell so all seem fine with my installation.

Just import it as I said above. Make sure to check the environment
settings and the builddir and adjust them if needed.

Andreas

--
You will live a long, healthy, happy life and make bags of money.