C/C++ brace matching

Fri Mar 16 03:28:56 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 Mar 2007 IST, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > The last brace is not always matched, depending on how many empty lines
> > there are.  If I remove two empty lines, the braces match; if I add
> > them back (just a couple of newlines), the braces no longer match.
> >  Looks like a bug but maybe someone could shed more light on this.
>
> If anybody can shed light on this, its probably none of the kdevelop
> developers. The reason is that KDevelop doesn't do this highlighting,
> thats the job of the editor - in this case Kate. You should ask this on
> kwrite-devel list, but my guess is that this is just another case were
> the rather simple regex-parser that is used in Kate fails.

I have experienced this before. What i then found was the distance between
the braces was what mattered. Back then i thought that the complete file
was not being loaded to memory or something like that and hence braces
could not be matched. I even had noticed that it mattered if the matching
brace was in view or just around the corner...

I have not checked lately.
--
Cheers!
kitts