'continue' command problem

Jim Ingham jingham at apple.com
Mon Jun 25 19:04:30 BST 2007

At Apple, we also added a "breakpoint-commands" output field to the
"*stopped - breakpoint-hit" message.  Then we either tell it that the
breakpoint commands are done running, or that they have restarted the
target.  That way the UI can know to suspend putting up some UI
(getting the current stack, etc) till it knows the target has stopped
for sure...  After all, one very common use of breakpoint commands is
on the fly logging, in which case you do want to display whatever the
breakpoint command prints in your gdb console log window, but you
don't want to do anything else.

Jim