Setting up workspace with subprojects for shared lib and test app

linux at celticblues.com linux at celticblues.com
Fri Jun 8 21:00:49 BST 2007

My background is Windows programming with Visual C++.  I have some
linux coding experience but virtually none in using KDevelop to manage
my projects,builds etc.

With Visual C++, what I would usually do when writing a shared library
was create an empty workspace, then create a project within the
workspace for the dll project, then create, also withing the workspace
a project for a test app which I used to test the dll.

Having read numerous FAQs, forum postings etc. (most of which said
read the faq) I am no closer to being able to do this in KDevelop than
when I started.

Can I use KDevelop to:

1.  Create a workspace or an equivalent entity to VC++'s workspace

then:

2.  Add a project for my test app,

then:

3.  Add a project for my shared lib code?

How would I do this?

Also, I would like to keep my source code segregated like this:

$(MYPROJECTSPACE)/testproject/src
$(MYPROJECTSPACE)/testproject/src/mytestapp
$(MYPROJECTSPACE)/testproject/src/mysharedlib

Thanks,
Ed