File Tree Tab

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 19 13:37:25 BST 2007

On 19.07.07 12:03:49, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> Em Thursday 19 July 2007, o Andreas Pakulat escreveu:
> > On 19.07.07 10:20:42, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> > > First of all, i'm using kdevelop 3.3.5 with KDE 3.5.7.
> >
> > I suggest you update to 3.4.1, we don't really support that version
> > anymore.
> >
> > > I just want to know if exists a way, in kdevelop, to define the opening
> folder
> > > of the File Tree tab inside a project, not being the project folder?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > This is very useful if someone has a project structure similar to this:

> > > The file tree will always open in "project/project files" and we cannot go
> up
> > > for the "project" folder to browse the "source code" folder.
> >
> > Do you have your project options setup properly? Under Project
> > Options->General you can set the project directory and I think the
> > FileTree uses that (if not thats a bug).
>
> Yes.
> The File Tree uses that.
> Thats why the File Tree opens in
> | - project
> |	|- project files
>
> and not in
> | - project
>
> If i set my project folder in
> | - project
>
> all the auxiliary files (doxyfile, project.filelist, etc) are created in
> | - project
>
> and not in
> | - project
> |	|- project files
> has i need.
>
> I need that all the kdevelop files stay in
> | - project
> |	|- project files
> and not in
> | - project
> to comply with some external rules for the project.

Then how do you add/remove files from your project? How do you navigate
your sources? Do you hand-edit the .filelist file?

> Maybe this can be considerd has an improvement for future versions.

Well, its not included in KDevelop4 at the moment and I'm not sure it
will be. But there are other file-navigation widgets like the file
selector that you can use.

Andreas

--
Change your thoughts and you change your world.