File Tree Tab

Jorge Almeida j-almeida at criticalsoftware.com
Thu Jul 19 12:03:49 BST 2007

Em Thursday 19 July 2007, o Andreas Pakulat escreveu:
> On 19.07.07 10:20:42, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> > First of all, i'm using kdevelop 3.3.5 with KDE 3.5.7.
>
> I suggest you update to 3.4.1, we don't really support that version
> anymore.
>
> > I just want to know if exists a way, in kdevelop, to define the opening
folder
> > of the File Tree tab inside a project, not being the project folder?
>
> No.
>
> > This is very useful if someone has a project structure similar to this:
> >
> > | - project
> > |	|- project files
> > |	|- source code
> > |	|- verification
> >
> > The file tree will always open in "project/project files" and we cannot go
up
> > for the "project" folder to browse the "source code" folder.
>
> Do you have your project options setup properly? Under Project
> Options->General you can set the project directory and I think the
> FileTree uses that (if not thats a bug).

Yes.
The File Tree uses that.
Thats why the File Tree opens in
| - project
|	|- project files

and not in
| - project

If i set my project folder in
| - project

all the auxiliary files (doxyfile, project.filelist, etc) are created in
| - project

and not in
| - project
|	|- project files
has i need.

I need that all the kdevelop files stay in
| - project
|	|- project files
and not in
| - project
to comply with some external rules for the project.

Maybe this can be considerd has an improvement for future versions.

Thanks anyway.