Could not create language plugin for C++.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 9 00:31:55 BST 2007

On 08.07.07 15:20:59, Yang wrote:
> Hi, when I try that, I get (I installed the manually-built kdevelop to
> /usr/local):
>
> $ export KDEDIRS=/usr/local:/usr && kbuildsycoca
> kbuildsycoca running...
> Reusing existing ksycoca
> kio (KService*): WARNING: The desktop entry file
> /usr/share/applications/DefaultPlugins.desktop has Type=Link instead
> of "Application" or "Service"
> kio (KService*): WARNING: Invalid Service :
> /usr/share/applications/DefaultPlugins.desktop
> kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!

Is $HOME/.kde/cache-<hostname>/* writeable for your user? the error
message says that ksycoca can't write to the user-specific cache
database which is a serious issue unless you played around with
permissions on your $HOME/.kde and subdirs.

Andreas

--
You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here today.